- Social interaction
- Discussion of current issues and events
- And a lively conversation with our featured speaker
Should “Green” Buildings
Be Outlawed Because of
the Extra Energy They Use?
- What really saves energy?
- What’s the science behind global warming?
- What’s the governments effect on “green” buildings?
Henry Gifford, a self-described “energy geek,” will speak about the reality of the science behind the greenhouse effect, energy conservation, and fossil fuel use.
Plus you’ll learn about the effect the government is having on all this and what individuals can do.
Gifford previously spoke at Junto in March 2003.
- We gather at 7pm on the first Thursday of each month and begin our organized meeting around 7:30.
- The featured speaker is normally introduced at about 8. The meeting continues until about 10.
- Please note: Junto is not the usual sort of meeting with a long speech followed by Q & A. Invited speakers give a short presentation, and then are challenged to defend their assertions. Discussions are intense, but polite.
General Society Library
20 West 44th St.
Between 5th & 6th avenues, near Grand Central Terminal
Subway: 4, 5, 6, 7 to Grand Central – 42nd St.,
B, D, F, V to 42nd St. – Sixth Ave., or
1, 2, 3, 9, N, Q, R, S, or W to Times Square – 42nd St.
Admission is free, and no reservation is necessary.
Junto focuses on libertarianism, Objectivism — the philosophy of Ayn Rand — and investing.
Our founder and host is Victor Niederhoffer, publisher (with Laurel Kenner) of Daily Speculations.